Oracle has published its Oracle Database JDBC client libraries on Maven Central. From now on you can find Oracle Database related jar files under the
com.oracle.database group id. You will find all libraries from version 184.108.40.206 (e.g. ojdbc6) to 19.3.0 (e.g. ojdbc10).
Going forward, Oracle will use Maven Central as one of the primary distribution mechanisms for Oracle Database Java client libraries, meaning that you will also be able to find new versions of these libraries on Maven Central in the future.
To get the latest Oracle Database JDBC driver, use the following dependency GAV in your Maven POM file:
<dependency> <groupId>com.oracle.database.jdbc</groupId> <artifactId>ojdbc10</artifactId> <version>220.127.116.11</version> </dependency>
The com.oracle.database group id has the following subgroups:
- oracle.database.jdbc: this group contains all JDBC libraries
The Oracle Database JDBC driver compiled with Java [N]
The Universal Connection Pool for JDBC
The Oracle Database JDBC driver compiled with Java [N] including the Dynamic Monitoring System (DMS)
Note: ojdbc8dms.jar and ojdbc10dms.jar contain the instrumentation to support the Dynamic Monitoring System (DMS) and limited support for java.util.logging.
- oracle.database.jdbc.debug: this group contains all JDBC debug libraries
- oracle.database.security: this group contains all Security libraries for Oracle wallet and more
The Oracle PKI provider used for Oracle wallets
Certificate management components used for Oracle wallets
Core components between oraclepki.jar and osdt_cert.jar
- oracle.database.ha: this group contains all High Availability libraries
Oracle Notification System library
Simple Fast Application Notification library
- oracle.database.nls: this group contains the Internationalization library
orainternationalization.jar –> orai – 18 letters in between – n.jar
- oracle.database.xml: this group contains all XML and XML DB related libraries
- xdb.jar, xdb6.jar
Support for the JDBC 4.x standard
The Oracle Database XML Parser library, including APIs for:
- DOM and Simple API for XML (SAX) parsers
- XML Schema processor
- Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation (XSLT) processor
- XML compression
- Java API for XML Processing (JAXP)
- Utility functionality such as
XMLSAXSerializerand asynchronous DOM Builder
Note: xdb6.jar is a legacy name, xdb.jar is the new name.
- xdb.jar, xdb6.jar
- oracle.database.observability: this group contains the Observability library
The Oracle Database Dynamic Monitoring System (DMS)
- oracle.database.soda (coming soon!): this group contains the Simple Oracle Document Access driver for Oracle Database
- oracle.database.messaging (coming soon!): this group contains the Advanced Queuing Java Messaging Service driver for Oracle Database
With this change, Oracle made it easier than ever before for developers and users alike to consume the Oracle Database Java client libraries.
This post was originally published at blogs.oracle.com/developers